Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Clouds...

When I travel, I love to take pictures of the clouds. Add interesting details to a picture. Be the dramatic backdrop to the city skyline. Be the calm horizon that divides the sea. Or be itself - the white clouds in the blue skies.

Before I took up my masters, the dark skies frequently greeted me after work. So whenever I got to see the blue skies, I feel really happy. When I took up my masters, I had to rush to class after work. The blue skies was there to greet me.But I had no time for it.

These days, I have more time to stop and see the clouds go by. On my way to the pool at the university one afternoon, I was captivated by the vastness of the skies and the 3-D clouds. It was a beautiful picture [alas, I had no camera with me that day]. These days, I try to bring a camera with me to class but no skies moved me to take a picture so far. Perhaps this reflects life - if you passed an opportunity, probably you have lost it forever... Sometimes, it is so near yet so far. But opportunities often lies in waiting.

Last week, I was looking out of the windows in my room. And guess what? The picture in front of me was beautiful and I seized the chance to take some pictures. Perhaps sometimes it is not about travelling the distance to get what you want.

Carpe diem!






No comments: