Friday, April 12, 2013

Tale of two cities - IKEA

My trip to Ikea at Alexandra reminded me about my trip to Ikea in Stockholm. As you may know, Sweden is the hometown of Ikea. I realised I have not blogged about my visit at all so here it goes.

Ikea, Alexandra, Singapore

Although Ikea at Alexandra, Singapore, is much smaller than the one in Stockholm, there are some similarities in the building. Guess all Ikea stores look alike :)
 
Spotted something new - pandas soft toy! Ever since pandas Jia Jia and Kai Kai came to the Singapore Zoo, there has been this craze about the endangered black/while sweeties :) And no, I don't think I spotted them in Stockholm :P I am going to see them this weekend. So excited! :)
 
Spotted another new thing - the food trolley! I must say this is a great invention, given Singaporeans love their food and order a lot of food. Ikea is quite popular with us. Don't think I saw them in Stockholm too.
 
Kind of cute to see people pushing the food trolley around. Some people said that Ikea food taste like plane food and this scene reminds me of the air stewards/stewardesses! :P
 
I would usually go for baked salmon and potatoes but I wanted something more Swedish that day I visited :P So I went for a salmon roll and clam chowder soup. Hmmm... what's so Swedish? Well, I tasted bits/chunks of shrimps and salmon in the soup. So good! :)
 
Free bus to Ikea, which you can take at the bus stop opposite Stockholm Main Station. Was amazed by the free wifi on board the bus!  

Hey Ikea in Stockholm!
 
Must take a picture at the hometown of Ikea, right? :P

Don't think this is available in Singapore. Nice idea to have a flower pot built into a table!

Christmas was in the air when I was in Stockholm from Oct to Nov 2012.


More stuff spotted! Books in Ikea!! :)

Ikea has always been a happy place to visit, whether in Singapore or Sweden :) It is one place that always makes you feel at home. Don't you agree? :)

No comments: