Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sentosa Flowers + Malaysia Food Street

Unlikely combination but we (my parents, my cousin and me) did that last Friday. We went to Sentosa Flowers 2012 and had dinner at the Malaysian Food Street at Resort World Singapore.

Yummy combination, I must say (although many commented that this year's Sentosa Flowers is not as good as past years). It's been a long time since my last visit, so I guess my expectation is not that high. It rained, thanks to the Water Dragon year :P and I did not take a lot of pictures - just some for fun and to try out the aperture mode.







For some reasons, I took quite a few pictures of orchids. Guess I was feeling patriotic! :P
Read about the Malaysian Food Street in the media, and decided to bring my parents who are more into hawker food than restaurant food. There were rave reviews about some of the items I tried :)  A bit expensive though but well, no need to go to KL, Penang or Malacca just to eat :P So still worth the trip, I say!
Hokkien Mee. Nice. But I thought the one in KL is better :P

Hokkien Mee too. This is very nice. I like it - a bit spicy though :P

Cuttlefish with Kang Kong. The sauce is nice.

Flour roll and bean curd skin with curry. A bit weird.

Clay pot rice which we waited one hour for! It's amazing! But it was very good. Forgot to take a picture before we attacked it. It tastes 100% better than it looks :P

Chengdol. Nice too :)

No comments: