Wednesday, May 2, 2012

First day at work

Today is my first day at work with the new firm. Was talking to JS about memories of our first days at work and it turned out that they are usually not very memorable. JS remembered that he did basically nothing and I cannot remember what I did at all for our previous jobs. So I decided that I should leave a note about today - it should be a special day like any other first days, right?

For me, it was special because I had a lot of time to surf the intranet and read stuff. It's surreal because everyone around me was busy and I was 'free', quite the contrary of a day in my usual day at work. Less than 10 emails received and sent - and one of them was booking the flight for a one-day course in HCMC next week (that was quite novel and I am looking forward to it).

Well, 'enjoy while you can' was what my new colleagues told me. So I will enjoy the view from my desk while I can... And here's a glimpse :P


I do look forward to getting busy again. And I really hope my new role will be a challenge and a stretch! :)

No comments: