Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Snake Year!

Come to think of it, this is the first chinese new year that I did not have to work. For the past week, it has been funny watching my parents rush in and out of the house to buy stuff to welcome the year of the Snake. Tempers do fly at times, with both of them flustered at each other. Sometimes, I get it too! From my mother who makes remarks like 'still don't want to work after so many months', 'thought you say very easy to find a job when I told you not to quit' etc. Blah.

Not the most enviable position to be in. But well, some things are beyond my control and I have tried (and still trying) my best at job hunting. Hope the ideal job will come by in the Snake Year. Meanwhile I am going to enjoy my long vacation while it lasts (who knows when the next one will be?). Have signed up to volunteer with the National Library Board and also enrolled for a social media marketing course in February, and looking forward to to next weekend trip to Bintan (to kind of celebrate my birthday)! :)

And to make myself feel more useful at home, I partake in the making of mini spring rolls :P Happy Snake Year! :)

Top: Cut up the popiah skin (flour wrap) into squares and dash a bit of floss (prawn fried with chili) onto them and wrap them up like a popiah.
Bottom: All ready to fry!

Crisp is how they are after they are fried!

Stored for Chinese New Year. Depleting by the day though as we have been munching them away! :P

No comments: