Sunday, March 24, 2013

Drips Cafe

Hey! It's been a while since I updated this blog - have been sharing  my travel tales in my wordpress blog though. Well, I have time to explore my neighborhood (Redhill + Tiong Bahru) these days. It's been  good, I must say :)

Tiong Bahru Park, which I passed after a swim at the Delta Swimming Pool near Redhill train station. Spring is coming! :)   It was such a luxury to swim on a weekday afternoon - I felt so so good after the leisurely swim with less than 10 people sharing the pool :) Definitely going back again soon. And the playground with swings (rare in Singapore now) still exist in this park after so many years - I am so so going back to try to swing :)

From Redhill, I walked to Tiong Bahru which has changed so much. There are many chic cafes and shops in the area now. I decided to try Drips, having already tried Tiong Bahru Bakery just down the road last year. 

It was a great choice, I must say. Not as crowded and as noisy. And I did not feel awkward enjoying  my tea break alone at all. Felt simply at home with the simple decors.

Ice Latte + Carrot Cheese Cake + Magazine = Heavenly afternoon! Try it one day (one weekday) if you can. I know it's tough for working people. So I''m gonna enjoy it while I can. 

Very nice Carrot Cheese Cake. See the carrot? Healthy texture! 
If you want to know more about Tiong Bahru, check out my wordpress entry on my neighbourhood or check it out personally :) I know you will like it as much as I do. Am thinking of going back soon to fika at the other cafes...perhaps after another swim...

No comments: