Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Fabulous Baker Boy

I know I sound like a broken recorder....
 
It has been tough trying to find time to blog these days. Have been trying to commit at least one hour everyday on checking emails/social media. Started this post yesterday by uploading the pictures :P
 
I wanted to visit The Fabulous Baker Boy in early April before I start work. Unfortunately it was not opened on the day I went (it is closed every Monday). It is located at The Foothills, opposite Liang Court. It occupies part of what used to be the River Valley Swimming Pool. For those of you of my generation (you know who you are :p), there was an aquarium right on the hill many years back. Ah, childhood memories of school excursions after exams! :)
 
It was near Mohd Sultan, so GT, XF and I decided to check it out after visiting the UT Pop-Up Singapore and dinner at Liang Court.
 
The café was quite cosy and quaint, seating not more than 10 tables. So the noise level was ok and the three of us need not shout to make ourselves heard nor strained to hear each other :P Most of the seats were outdoor, so it felt rather alfresco (might be a bit humid on some nights though).   
 
Heard that the Red Velvet Cake is good so we gave it a try. Very light, not too sweet. :P Will go quite well with a cup of coffee, which none of us had as it was getting late and we don't need the caffeine :P

We had the house ice tea instead which I like - tasted a hint of tea fragrance...
Besides drinks and cakes, the café also serves proper meals. Going by the items we tried, I do assume that the food will not be too heavy on the palate ( and stomach and pocket - we paid less than SGD6 each!). I have this feeling that it will be prettier in the day so will try to return soon to FIKA! :)

No comments: