Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tiong Bahru - Open Door Policy and Drips Cafe

Happy Vesak Day! Finally found time to hit the laptop. LOL. Been on a cleaning spree these days, and spent time housekeeping my room section by section (not that it's that BIG! :P) But well, guess I always find it easier to chew challenging tasks bit by bit :)

Visited Open Door Policy (ODP) for the first time in April, although I have passed by a few times. Nice ambiance but surprised to find that most of the customers are Caucasian. Guess locals don't find the place value for money :P

We were seated in the courtyard and looked up to see flats (not stars). LOL. Still nice dining under the sky :)

Here's a glimpse at the restaurant!  

Starters to share. Quite exquisite.  The only nice picture I managed to take. By the time the main courses were served, every dish turned out dodgy in the pictures. LOL. 


Moved on to Drips Cafe for sweets. It's been a while since my last visit in last April/March when I was still jobless. Those were the days - kinda of miss them :) Check out my earlier posts : Drips Cafe and Marched!

Our order without the waffles...  We asked for more forks and I like how the staff went 'On the way!' :P

Raspberry Tart recommended by the restaurant staff. This is the first time I tried the tart which seems to be quite popular. Not bad - see the twinkle? :)

And waffles with ice-cream and berries and maple syrup. Nice too :) Shall return again to try the savory. Haha. 

It's a Tuesday but it feels like a Sunday! Having second thoughts about all these odd public holidays in May. It's like having two TGIFs and two Monday Blues in a week. Meh.
  

No comments: