Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Birthday Priviledges

Can't believe I'm celebrating my birthday again! Not sure if I blogged about it last. Let me go check and get back to you later :P

Managed to take the week off (confirmed last Thursday so did not really make plans). The Lunar New Year holidays will be on Thursday and Friday so it made a lot of sense ( at least to me, not sure about others) to take Monday to Wednesday off! Been feeling really lethargic in the past week although I just had a break in Bangkok (there must be something wrong with me, not sure what but I gonna get around it. eventually.)

So I decided to do what I feel like doing today and well, try to utilize my birthday privileges! LOL.

Birthday Brunch at Flock Cafe! My first time there despite passing by a few times. Flat White was OK. The Pork cheek and gruyère sandwich was hearty and juicy. Good for sharing if you order 2 sandwiches - am sure the marginal utility will be higher :P There are many cafes in the hood that serves better food. For me,, Flock was enjoyable because I could read the literature. It was not too crowded on a weekday so brunching alone did not feel too out of place :)

Had a complimentary  'wild' birthday at the River Safari. It's a really nice gesture! :) Thank you! The only gripe - it took me 90 minutes to get there from Tiong Bahru!  

River Safari has changed a bit since my last visit 2 years ago during its soft opening. The red pandas seemed to have grown quite a bit since :) Still playful though. Love how our zoos are designed to create close encounters with the animals! 

Jia Jia. Need I say more? :) See my previous post (Hello Pandas!)

Many people said that Singapore Zoo is better than River Safari but I beg to differ. I really enjoy the experience at River Safari more - it's more serene and not overwhelming - I could cover it easily in 3 hours and leave energetic (think high!) :) Managed to spot the rhinoceros across the river and they have a new River Cruise activity now. May spot more animals on board!   
My first Amazon River Quest! ALONE! LOL! Definitely good to visit tourist attractions on a weekday. 

Reminds me of the Night Safari Tram ride :) Did not managed to get full view of many animals - just spotted them at some twists and turns... Another reason I like River Safari is the range of animals from the sky, river and land you get to see...

Another favorite - the squirrel monkeys. Seemed to have grown a bit too :P

Had a free badge and an ice cream too! Thanks, River Safari! :)
Also had a free Firehouse Happy Birthday treat! But no pictures because my phone ran out of battery. Thanks, Swensens! :)

Just wanted to share some birthday privileges with you, in the event you want to utilise them. Am sure there are many more that I am not aware of. But quite happy with the above already :)



No comments: