Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nam Nam Noodle Bar@Raffles City

Finally tried the Vietnamese cuisine at Nam Nam Noodle Bar last Sunday... XF, GT and I went to the one at Raffles City. I spotted one at Wheelock Place too. Of course it cannot be compared to the authentic cousins in Ho Chi Min City (how time flies - was in Saigon around this time last year). OK price for OK food at a restaurant setting - maybe I didn't order the right stuff like pho ;)
 
Southern rolls. Fresh :) I'm going to try the fried rolls next time!
XF has Diet Coke which cost more than the Vietnamese ice coffee! Gosh! But it came in a nice vintage mug :) So much for packaging. LOL. The ice coffee with condensed milk was good! At $2.50, I say yes to more coffee anytime.


The mousetail noodle soup I ordered. Nice in a weird way - there were fish balls, pork trotter, pork ribs etc in the soup... 
GT's order - dry beef stewed noodle... she said it has shrunk in size...


XF's version - q style egg noodle....

As I blogged, I am reminded of the Vietnamese food stall at Lau Pa Sat and missed the vermicelli with pork slices and fried roll... Cheap and good - $4-5. Definitely going to pop by one day during lunch-time since my office is nearby (10 minutes walk away). Will post a picture if I do go. Do check it out if you are in the area! :)


No comments: