Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jewel Coffee & The Providore

Jewel Coffee
 
Been wanting to try the coffee at Jewel Coffee for while...But didn't really want to go back to CBD on weekend. Haha. 

Met J for lunch at Sumo Salad (a few shops away) and then had coffee and cake at Jewel... We met at about 12.15pm and I was surprised the stretch was very quiet compared to nearby Asia Square and Lau Pat Sat! Now I know where I can go for a quiet lunch :P and Sumo Salad is really nice and fresh!


Coffee was good! And we had a choice to 2 types of coffee beans (cannot recall) but we chose the one that sound milder :)


The flourless orange cake was not bad too...Talking about flourless cake, I miss the flourless chocolate cake at Kith Café which is really nice! :)
The Providore
 
I suggested brunch at The Providore at Mandarin Gallery, and so we met after my haircut and her yoga :) Ambiance was clean and neat, I thought. Kind of modern zen feel. Not sure you get what I mean. LOL
 
There was a short queue. Here's a peek from the queue :)

The tea selection sounds quite exotic. Will try the tea next time :)


Bar counter.
 
Reception.
 
Menu hanging at the door.
 
I like the white tiles and wood furniture :)
 
And the white/green flora - can anyone tell me what they are? :)


I's choice.

My choice. Kind of boring, huh?
 
Cappuccino to round up brunch. Three's a company? LOL.
 
And a very nice Red Velvet cake! Creamy and moist!

Been a while since I FIKA! Can't wait to do it again soon :)

 

 

No comments: