Sunday, August 11, 2013

July - Random thoughts...

Before I start to blog about happenings in August, I thought I will share some random thoughts about July. And they are, interestingly, related to work (kind of).
 
View from my office where I was getting water.
My thought: Too beautiful a day to be in office :P That's the thought that always run through my mind on a really bright and sunny day. I would rather be, well, at the beach or just chilling somewhere :)


Lunch alone one day - Macaroni and Cheese soup and Soba Salad from Soup Spoon
My thought: The salad is nicer than the soup! Well, perhaps a wrong choice of soup :P I utilised the Shape Run $5 voucher, so lunch was about $7plus with soup, salad and chips :)

 
 
Farewell Lunch for Intern D! At Au Chocolat in MBS! Was there with YK a few months (click here) and this time I tried the brunch :)
My thought: The food is really good! From top: Hens in a basket, Vongole Pasta, King's Breakfast. Lunch was kind of a rush because I had to go back for a meeting :( But still good :) That's working life. Sigh.



Overdue brunch with Intern D. Haha.
My thoughts: Glad to have connected with D, my neighbour at work for  a few months. Kind of understand what my previous boss ST said about mixing around with young people :) I'm still learning, I guess. And it has been a long long time since I visited The Marmalade Pantry. Was it back in 2008? Or 2010? Nicer than I remember :)

 

I.T. shop is finally in Singapore, at Wisma Atrium! And I decided to pop by after I parted with D. My second time there. Did not see anything I really like during my first visit....
My thought: Splurged on a dress (bottom picture) which was quite unique - it is made of a sweater cum skirt. And separates mean that I could wear them separately too! Pretty and simple- my style. LOL. Should work well for both work and fun. I also like the white t-shirt with jewels but I thought it did not fit as well as I wanted it to be. It has been in my mind since though. Perhaps I should have gotten it then, since a total of $150 purchase will entitle me to a life time member which in turn will entitle me to a 10% discount on future purchase. Haha. What a mouthful :P

 
Well, my final thought: Admit it or not, work is such a big part of our lives that we would be deceiving ourselves if we do not feel anything about it :) And July marks 3 months in my current job which is a key milestone, kind of. It has been a good (busy) journey so far, and I definitely feel that that I am enjoying what I do and learning in the process. Good for a start, I guess :)

No comments: