Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday@Tanjong Pagar - Nail, Ramen, Coffee

What a blissful Saturday :) Started on a good note when I left office before 6pm yesterday! What an achievement - quote unquote MQ :) Went for manicure/pedicure at Envy Nail Lounge, ramen at Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King and coffee at Kiasu Espresso...


It's been a long time since my last classic manicure/pedicure. Time to give my feet and hands a treat, hence bought this deal ($22) from alldealsasia. Topped up $7 for a spearmint scrub so the one-hour treatment cost $29...

Been a while since my last visit to Tanjong Pagar, and my first time to Peck Seah Street...
Didn't know my slot at 11am was the first and I was early. Shop was not opened yet :/
Quite cosy.



Nice place. Therapists were a bit unfriendly at the beginning (maybe it was too early). However they were not pushy when they tried to promote their package - $38 per session (for 10 sessions).

 
Decided to try the ramen  at Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King at Orchid Hotel since I am in the area. There was a queue! The teppanyaki restaurant next door seems to be popular too...
 



Tried the original special (with seaweed and egg) - you can choose thickness of soup base, hardness of noodles etc. Order came quickly as I asked for normal for everything.


Free boiled and spicy beansprout to go with the ramen. Plus points for tissue :)

Grind the sesame and add it as a topping to bring out the flavour of the soup...

Didn't try the boiled eggs though - brown ones for low cholesterol and white ones for normal cholesterol.

Close-up. Did enjoyed my lunch - maximum marginal utility :)

No frills shop. Authentic yah?

Nice wall paper :) Going to try the green tea cola next time. Maybe for dinner.


Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King 

Kiasu Espresso finally! Heard it's good and wanted to visit for a while but was lazy to make a special trip...

Took a 5-minutes walk to Kiasu Espresso at 100 AM.
Quiet on a Saturday morning.

Had a ice cappuccino as it was a hot and humid day. Thought my new manicured nude nails look good with the coffee, I thought :P Coffee was ok. Did enjoyed reading up on Bangkok trip over coffee :)

Here's a peek at my newly pedicured nude nails too! LOL. I love this pair of Vinci sandals I got from City Square JB last year! Picture taken at Neil Road where I saw so many people queuing outside Strangers' Reunion!
Decided to walk home passing by Duxton (perhaps a place to look for my house next year?)  and Neil Road on the way...Still  enjoying my Saturday... Hope you are too...

No comments: