Sunday, September 22, 2013

Tim Ho Wan

Tim Ho Wan, finally! Was there with I at 10am today and queued for 50 minutes before we were seated :/
Did enjoy the Dim Sum - hot and tasty, I say. Queue moved faster than expected and the wait was quite pleasant (time flies when you are chatting with a friend, I guess).

Waiting to be seated at Tim Ho Wan. My friend commented that it is more like a café than a dim sum restaurant!
I like it - the egg white and prawn went very well with the wrap! Was piping hot when served - nice!


Wanted to snap a shot to show you how it is different from the usual spring roll but I think I failed. Imagine spring roll filled with egg white!

Steamed egg cake - one of the 4 heavenly kings at Tim Ho Wan (means highly recommended/popular). I like it too - the brown sugar kind of melt in my mouth. LOL.
 
See how soft and fluffy it is! Must try! Taste good when hot and also good after a while :)


Another heavenly heaven - Baked Bun with BBQ Pork! The baked bun makes it different from the usual char siew bao.
 
A peek into the crispy bun with pork (char siew)!


Another heavenly king - Panned Fried Turnip Cake. Nothing special - it was moist and I could taste shreds of turnip....



Cold Tonic Medlar and Osamanthus Cake - nice way to round up a round of piping hot dim sum! It's good too! :)
Have yet to try the last Heavenly King - vermicelli roll with pork liver, so I'm gonna do that next time. LOL. I say go and try THW, if you haven't! Just learnt a new branch has opened at Toa Payoh, so I reckon that should disperse the crowd at Plaza Singapura...

It's good to be blogging again, after a while :) Haven't had a great time in September, so I really hope that THW (which means good luck in Cantonese) will rub some luck off me  :)

No comments: