Sunday, July 28, 2013

Princely Treasures@National Museum of Singapore

It was Open House at the National Museum of Singapore last weekend and admission was free for all exhibitions. So I went to see the exhibition Princely Treasures - with pieces from Liechtenstein. As I shared in my Instagram, it made me missed Europe. Very much.
  
Beautiful Saturday morning :) One of my favourite places in Singapore :)

It was to see Princely Treasures this time. The Open House saved me $10 :P See Raphael?


Cannot remember the details of these two paintings. But I like them :)

Neo-classical pieces, I think

Not many sculptures on display...

Got to see more pieces from Netherlands artists.

Quite interesting.

Van Dyke, I think. Like taken off a camera. With technology, we will probably never ever see such fine works in the future...

Symbols of Rome. I miss Italy.

Venice - Clock Tower.

Discovered a new kind of art genre - Biedermeir Art. More high brows.

Found it kind of gothic...

Definitely worth a visit :)


The National Museum of Singapore has changed so much. Food for Thought is there. So is Kerbside. Interesting retail mix.
Go catch Princely Treasures if you can - it's on till September. Rare to see such a nice collection of European art in Singapore. Was actually quite surprise that it was not crowded for free admission last week... I did listen in to the guided tour on and off and I thought the guides were good. Might go again if there is another open house :P

No comments: