Sunday, July 21, 2013

Popiah ~ Chinese wrap? :)

Come weekends, I try to stay home at least one day (usually Sundays) - to either 'work' personal stuff or just do nothing or anything I feel like doing :) After 5 days at the real work, it feels really good to have time for yourself and recharge!

And one of the weekends, we had home-cooked popiah! :)


Ingredients that go into the popiah... the good thing about home-cooked popiah is you can choose the ingredients you like :)


In the making. I love the peanut :)

Ready-to-eat popiah :)
And here's a video of my brother making the popiah - not really the way Singapore hawkers do it. But well, that's home-cooked style, right? :)

And I grabbed some videos from you-tube on how popiahs are wrapped, in case you are wondering :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgI4UsHTvY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaEXyhPi5M

Now I'm reminded that I have blogged about what I tried to cook at home - check them out! :P
-Make your own Japanese Curry
-Baby potatoes with herbs and a Merry Christmas!
-Topokki Rice Cakes

Happy Sunday, everyone! Guess I'm just going to do nothing today - maybe blog. Haha.

No comments: